Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Occupational Hazards

Okay, something that y'all may not know about me is that I am an aspiring romance author. Chessy? Maybe. Fun? Definitely. So, last night I'm in my room, click-clacking away, when a truly random thought came to me. I'm writing about people having sex with each other. I'm writing words like 'wetness' and 'cock' and I'm like really. I'm really writing this? These are things that I wouldn't say in real life. I can't imagine telling my boyfriend 'I'm so wet for you, baby.' But yet, I'm writing it.

The problem comes my friends when I'm trying to describe the process of the act of having sex. Do y'all realize the imagination it takes to write a really good sex scene. If I just wrote: "He put is penis in her vagina, thrust for about 2 minutes, and released his seminal fluid." it would be horrible and no one would read it. Women don't want that. I know. I'm a woman myself, most days. (JK!) They want the emotional connection as well as the detailed descriptions. So everyday I struggle about how many ways I can write a french kiss. Tongues in mouths that's all they are. But they have to be soft or sweet or deep or wet. I'm pulling out my thesaurus (a very useful tool anyway) like 7 million times a day. And then I move on to descriptions of thrusting and holes and more wetness and mutual masturbation. That takes A LOT of work dammit!

But how great would it be if I could actually make a living doing what I do? If somebody asks me what I do for a living I could say I write word like 'cock' or 'pussy' and I get paid to do it. Tee-hee. My life would be sweet!

Later

No comments: