Monday, April 02, 2007

To Domain or Not to Domain

So, this whole being a finalist is really getting to my head. I have spent the last forever it seems like just wallowing in the inflated greatness. I think I'm the shit, which is a change from somedays when I feel like shit. I'm sure that this will all go away in a couple days. I mean, I'm only a finalist, not the winner. Yet. Just kidding. For all I know, I could get honorable mention.

One thing that this has done for me is made me realize that I need to take my writing a bit more seriously. To that end, I've started an online writing class. I've been reading books on publishing and editing. I'm joining a critique group. And more importantly, I'm thinking about starting my own website. I just went to Go Daddy and looked up my penname and it's available for the taking. It's only $9/yr. To buy the name. Let's not even talk about hosting. So, I'm in a quandry as to whether or not to buy it and think about hosting later. I'm torn.

What do you think?

And in other 'Business'

I've got good news and bad news.

The good news is that I'm thinking about expanding 'On Business' to at least 40,000 words for possible publication. I got some really cool ideas that bombarded my brain last night and kept me from sleeping.

The bad news is that I won't be posting the updates.

*hands covering head*
donthitmedonthitmedonthitmedonthitmedonthitme

I'm sorry! I just don't think a publisher would buy a story that people are getting for free.

But, just this minute, I've decided to make it up to you by posting 'Luck of the Irish.' It'll be up later tonight and it'll be good. Really good.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Go ahead and work on your story. I'm not mad at you, we get Luck of the Irish instead which is I think an even trade. :-D I say go for it and get the website and set yourself up, that way you have it there ready for you when you want it to be. Good Luck hon, but I know you'll do great. Big Hugs.

Anonymous said...

I concur with Nicole. Get your website together and revamp your On Business story so that I can buy it and have it in my hot little hands soon. I love the story I'm reading now Luck of the Irish so it is definitely an even trade,lol. Good luck to you and I like this side of you verses those self doubting moments of panic you sometimes exhibit. You will do great. Now go do your thang.

Anonymous said...

I reallt like "On Business." I would buy it anyway! I enjoyed the section I read and would like to read how it ends. Just let me know where I can get it.

Nikki Tigner
LaGrange, GA
nikniktigger@yahoo.com