Sunday, April 01, 2007

Not an April Fool's Day Joke

Hello to all my loyal 'Random' fans,

A couple months ago I told y'all that I'd entered a couple of my stories into a writing contest. Well, after weeks of hearing nothing, I've finally decided to check the website. To my great disappointment, I discovered that I was not a finalist.

To that end, I've decided to pack it in. I'm quitting my writing 'career.' I'm already a successful social worker (if there's even any such thing.) I haven't decided if I'll pack up Random, yet. My heart's broken so I may be away for a few weeks. I don't know...



SIKE!!!

As if that would ever happen! I do want to share my extremely awesome great wonderful news. My very own blog story 'On Business' is a finalist in the Heart of the Rockies contest in the Erotica category!!!!!

Can you BELIEVE it?!??!?!

I just about shit my pants. I was with my family having breakfast when I heard got the call. (Unfortunately, I'll have to wait until the day when I get THE CALL.) My screams could be heard for several miles. I called my best friend and told her. She was surprised and very supportive. She asked for a copy. I may or may not give it. Who knows?

You may be asking yourself what exactly this means for me. Well, my story is going to get read by a real-life Agent. She may or may not offer representation but she will know my name when I query her later because she's on my 'list.' More importantly, it's a honest-to-GOD writing credit. It may just keep my query letter or partials out of the slush pile and in a publisher's or agent's hot little hand.

So I wanted to thank all of you who've enjoyed my writing and encouraged me and inspired me to pursue my writing.

Love,
Me

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yayyyy!!!!! Awesome news. I hope it wins because its the shit...."On Business" is!!

Ljay

Jaye Wells said...

Congratulations! Awesome news.

Anonymous said...

I knew I heard someone screaming and it's great to know it was you.

Congrats gurl.