Monday, May 01, 2006

So the question becomes...

...Is no sex better than bad sex? I mean really bad sex. The kind of sex you can only have with a virgin who's lived in Mongolia all his life and hasn't even had the occasional blow job or hand job in the back seat of his parent's car. I know most men's response to this, 'Bad sex is like bad pizza-there's no such thing.' But au contraire my penis-having friends. The same cannot be said for woman. For us, there is such a thing as bad sex and a remedy. It's called 'Faking an Orgasm just so he'll get the fuck off of me,' It's simple but effective.

So we know that there is bad sex but is bad sex worse than no sex? I mean yeah it's bad, but at least you're having it, right? And then there's all the accoutrement (look at me using those fancy college-like words) that go with having sex. I mean, you may be in a relationship with a really wonderful man whom you care for deeply despite his lack of sexual prowess or you may be doing it so that your light and heat don't get turned off. But whatever the reasons there are distinct advantages to having sex, regardless of quality.

And are we really so shallow as to base our relationships on sex? Do we really value sex so much that we would value it over simple things like companionship and heating our homes? Have we really become that jaded?

My answer: Give me my vibrator and shut the door on your way out.

Later

3 comments:

Mitch said...

bad sex isn't the worst thing that could happen. Bad equipment is worse. With bad sex, there's the hope of being able to teach better sex. With a short wanker, there aren't quite so many options. I'll admit, there's lots that can be done without the peewee being a player, but really - that's like going to the amusement park and not getting to ride the big bad coaster.

Jaye Wells said...

I think the issue is that sex does not exist in a vaccuum when it comes to relationships. It's part of the dynamics and rhythm of the interaction. It creates intimacy between partners, it's bonds them, and it is a way to make the person you love happy. If it sucks then you're throwing off the balance in the whole relationship. Because if the sex is bad he might be the "sweetest, most undertanding, supportive man in the world" yet there will always be an unspoken "but" in there. Beware the unspeakable but.

Anonymous said...

There is no such thing as bad sex. As the recepient of such it is up to you to show the giver how you would like to achieve a mutual satisfaction. You have to understand your own body and what pleases it and then teach. My spouse and I were both virgins when we married 24 years ago. We were like kids in the perverbial bloody candy store because we assumed we knew what the heck we were doing but as I've gotten wiser I noticed that I had yet to achieve the big O. I assumed it was a bloody myth until I did more reading on the subject and found out what to do. So thanks to finding out what truly pleases me and providing a better translation of what I need to really enjoy our weekly daliances my husband is also having more fun. The unfortunate drawback is all that screaming tends to wake the neighbors but I love it when he says my name.

Regina