Saturday, May 06, 2006

Funny Shit

So, my family and I are crazy close, like almost to the point of being psychotically enmeshed, but that's neither here nor there. The point is that we spend A LOT of time together. And when you spend so much time together, you sometimes forget that you're not hanging out with your friends. Especially myself. That being said, another thing that you need to know about me is that I LOVE to curse. I use fuck and shit and bitch and mother fucker and ass on a regular basis. Except when I'm at work...not good to curse around children under six. Now there are people that believe that cursing is the sign of a weak mind and to them I say 'Fuck you. I've got a whole fucking lot of education so you can kiss my ass bitches." (Like that? Yeah, I know you do.)

Anyhoo, the point I'm trying to make is that I have a really bad habit of cursing in front of my parents. Yeah. I know, but I can't help it. And twice in the past week I've cussed in front of people and they've looked at me and said, "I didn't know you cursed." To which I laughed hysterically and said, "My parents would disagree with you."

But, it's not like I learned this shit on the street. My parents used this exact same language in front of my sibs and I during all of our formative years. So, they only have themselves to blame. The sad part is that should I ever be blessed enough to actually have kids, I'll probably do the same thing. So if you see an adorable three-year old going through daycare laughing and saying, "This is some funny shit." That's my kid.

Later

Post Note: The other night my parents and I were hanging out (again!) and we were talking about what we'd do if we won Powerball. My Dad and I want to buy Harleys and my mom says to my dad, "If you get a trike, I'll be your biker bitch."
More funny shit!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny very funny.

Anonymous said...

You're seriously funny! I discovered your blog on the weekend and I feel like a pig in mud! I'm with you on the cursing trip. Perhaps you have Irish blood?! They make cussing an art, dammit!

Chandra