Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Election Day

And as always, it's bittersweet. Here in the fine state of Colorado, in one day the democrats have wrested control of the state from the hands of the evil republicans. In the same breath we also banned gay marriage and domestic partnership.

A bit of a paradox? Yup.

But you can't get everything you want. Our only hope is to storm the House and the Senate!

However, as a democrat myself (as if y'all couldn't tell), I say that our victories are not so much a big vote of confidence in the party but more of a slap in the face to President Bush.

Our country is ready for a change, we're tired of the way we're being run into the ground. We want our troops to come home safely. We want reform and bipartisan cooperation.

Was that made clear enough tonight?

Now, personally, I consider myself a moderate liberal. I have some very liberal views and I have some moderate views, not so many conservative views (obviously!). I love this country and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else on a bet. I want to see a return to taking care of our own country. To work on our problems with poverty and homelessness and lack of healthcare. If we aren't healthy ourselves, how can we then be an example that other nations WANT to follow?

Can you tell I'm a Social Worker?

I'm very frightened of those on any extreme, any fanatic. The crazy liberals and the crazy conservatives. I can't hang with people who speak in absolutes but leave no room for possibilities. If our country is to be united, it will have to be under a moderate flag. One that leaves room for broader knowledge and possibilities.

A big you go girl to Nancy Pelosi.

OBAMA 2008!

No comments: