Sunday, June 04, 2006

A Lament for the Damned...

Well, if you've read my previous post, then you'd know that I'm going to hell. I mean, don't you go to hell if you spend part of your time in church on Sunday lusting after your pastor? Because that's exactly what I did these past two Sundays. It's not love, and it's not really lust, but there are times during his sermon that I look at him and go, 'Wow, he's hot.' And he is. I think that what's getting me is that he's really funny. I mean, he's cute, but he's also almost 60 at least. And while this may have horrified me at 20, as I near my 27th birthday, it doesn't seem all that insurmountable. And he looks good. So, in addition to lusting after my pastor, now I wonder when did 60 become not old. Huh.

But anyway, is it wrong to admire a man at church? I mean lots of people go to church to look for available men. But doesn't it seem weird and a bit creepy to feel that way about your MARRIED pastor? It does seem weird, but knowing that I'm going to hell anyway, it kind of makes it easier to take.

Later

P.S. If you're following the story, a new chapter should be up in the next couple days. And thanks for reading my ramblings, but the title should have warned you.

5 comments:

Creativity Vacuum said...

I know! I can help myself. And he doesn't look old, like 40, 45 max! I'm just guessing but I think it's more interesting that I don't think 60 is old anymore.

~Me

P.S. I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

Paz Edwards said...

I don't think 60 is old. It's just experienced. He must be something if he has you feeling the way you do. ;-)

I have to say that I'm sure you're not the only one to feel that way. It's natural feeling and it happens a lot. As long as you don't act out on your feelings, then you're fine. That's where the problem begins -- when the woman starts acting out and getting agressive and the man falls for her (and he's married!!).

I was at a church once and the minister's wife always stayed closetoherhusband (the minister) cause she didn't trust the women. A lot of drama!

Anyways, hurry up and post the next excerpt. Please. ;-)

Paz

Flood said...

I think that this happens with a lot with pastoral-types. For instance it's not uncommon for women to be sexually attracted to their therapist, or desire to be their child. It's a normal feeling that's worked through.

Clergy tend to have the respect of their flock and seemingly a lot of power because of it. Powerful, respectable men are often attractive. Who wants a weak, disrespected shmuck?

All that being said, maybe he *is* just hot. Maybe you have great taste in men.

Mitch said...

Don't you remember when Jaye was going on about the pastor she had a crush on? He was single, but still...he's kinda married to god......if all pastors are married to god - does that mean they're all gay?

(looks like Hell will be crowded)

Anonymous said...

I am probably the only person with this opinion but.......

Ewwww......Sixty. He's old enough to be your grandfather.

Plus he's married....gurl please.

You need to get out more and stop lusting after your old as dirt pastor. I'm sure he's a very nice person but so is my boss and my financial advisor but I'm not lusting after either of them and they're both attractive for men in their late fifties or early sixties.

This reminds me of an episode on the show Girlfriends when Joan was dating that old,old,old ass man and I threw up in my mouth when they kissed.

I wanted to stab myself in the eyes.

I almosted stopped watching that show because of that one segment.

Now if your pastor has a son around your age.....