Friday, November 23, 2007

You may not know this

But I expanded "On Business" to almost 30,000 words. When I did that, I renamed the story. It is now called "Lucky Number Four." You'll find out why later. I'll post the updated story soon. Or at least excerpts. I'm sending it to Kate Duffy at Kensington to be a Brava novella.

(How's that for thinking positive!)

Well, when I did that, I added the character of Maria Carmen Concepcion Flores y Santiago. Or Carmen Santiago for short. She is one of my absolute favorite characters that I've ever written. So much so that she is the subject of my NaNoWriMo. Which has the bones of being a pretty kick-ass romantic suspense. It's the first time I've attempted to write this genre but after struggling for almost three weeks, I have to say that I think that I'm getting the hang of it. I think that when it's done, I'll have over 100,000 words. My most ambitious yet!

So stay tuned. An excerpt to follow.

In a couple hours, actually.

Wish me luck. I have about 36,000 words now. Only 14,000 words and 7 days to go!

1 comment:

Selena Illyria said...

You go hon, maybe next year I'll take a wack at NaNoWri, erm that's what it's called yes? My brain not on full yet. lol. Big Hugs and Congrats!