Monday, February 12, 2007

Getting Serious

So, I submitted a probably shitty query letter to an agent. According to RWA when I receive my rejection letter, I will officially become an RWA Pro. Yeah, me!

Seriously, the query was just okay. It's not as though I am expecting anything to come from it. I just wanted to experience of actually going through the process. I fully expect a form rejection letter. If by some miracle a partial is actually requested, I may shit my pants.

I have already erected a bulletin board titled 'Wall of Rejection: or Publishing Industry Assholes on my Shitlist.' I expect it will be quite an impressive list.

I must be really serious about this writing thing if I'm willing to put myself through this torture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've got my fingers crossed for you now stop being such a downer.

You'd be great at funerals.

If you expect nothing then nothing you shall get.

Geez I feel like I believe in you more then you believe in yourself.

Creativity Vacuum said...

Awww...thanx Anonymous. I'm a riot at funerals.

Seriously though, I do believe in my talent but I'm realistic about the publishing world. This was my first query letter and the odds of finding an agent the first time around are astronomical. But I'm proud of myself for putting my neck out there even if nothing comes from it.