Tuesday, January 30, 2007

CONTESTS!

Cross your fingers everyone. I have entered The Heart of the Rockies contest for unpublished authors. I entered 'On Business' in the erotica category and my finished ms 'Chasing Riki' in the single title category. This is the first time I've entered my work in a contest but I've heard that a lot of authors got their start that way so I'm hopeful.

There are also more contest coming in the next few months. I'm really excited about The Molly. I'll be working on some new projects to submit to them.

Something that I've learned this week is that writing a synopsis is hard. Especially when you're doing it in three days, which was when I decided to enter the contest. But I'll blog more on that later.

In other news, I'm going to the Romantic Times Booklovers Convention. It was a choice between RT and RWA and while RWA is more staid and businesslike, I really don't relish spending July in Dallas. So. I'm saving up to go next year in San Francisco. I'll give me another excuse to go to California.

3 comments:

Jaye Wells said...

"I really don't relish spending July in Dallas"

Hate to burst your bubble, but April in Houston isn't much better. I've heard RT is more fun though.

Nicole said...

Whooo hooo! That's great news. I'm crossing my fingers for you. You are so talented. Big Hugs.

Creativity Vacuum said...

Jaye-
Please leave me with some illusions. Is it true that Houston is the 'armpit' of Texas? My plan is to stay inside the hotel my entore trip. Maybe then I can avoid mosquitis the size of fruit bats.

Nicole-
Thanks so much!